I want to live as green as I am able to allow myself. I am trying to go little by little. Every little thing you can do do help matters. And actually there are several things you can change that will save you money. Here is a list of things that you can do:
- Recycle. Sure it takes time and you may have to drive to the recycling center, but while you are driving aroud you might be near it-so its not that much trouble. And if you don't want to go all the way-atleast recycle your plastic, paper and cans.
- Line dry your clothes. Imagine the money you will save on your electricity bill, not to mention saving energy!! We are putting up a clothes line in the next week or two. If you det it up in the shade your clothes won't get all stiff. Here's one and Here's another. There are other options-like drying racks and the umbrella style clothes line. So you can figure out what works best for you. The portable drying racks can be used indoors and out.
- Cloth diapers. Cloth is not what it used to be!! There are tons of different kinds to use: prefolds, fitteds, all in ones, and pockets. check out this etsy shop for a few aio's, fitteds, and wool covers. When I first started using cloth, Justin was so not into it. But we never really were completely cloth. And I haven't used them for a while now. But just recentlt I have been getting my stash up. And the past few days I have used only cloth-except at night I put a disposable on Emily. I still need to get a couple covers. I really like them. And the money I am saving in not having to buy disposables.
- Stop using disposables. Think of the landfills. I know it sounds weird, but if you think about it, it makes sense. I already don't buy paper towels, because it's a waste of money. Use cloth hand towels and dish rags. You already have them around and use them. Some people don't use toilet paper either. They use cloth wipes-I can not do this. There is also something called a menstrual cup. And cloth menstrual pads.
- Use reusable shopping bags. We have not started this as of yet. But I am going to this week. There are several options. chicobags, cheap bags from ikea , and lots more!
There are lots more!! I will update randomly about how things are going with my quest for a healthy and eco-conscious family.