Thursday, December 17, 2009

Traditions are important

I am so excited for this weekend. I can not wait for my sister, and her family, to get here friday. Then Saturday we are celebrating Christmas with my extended family. I love this time of year. I have always thoroughly enjoyed getting together with my big family. And over the years we have grown, with my some cousins and I being married and having children of our own. It is so exciting. I hope this tradition continues, even when the older generations are no longer here with us.

Family has always been very important to me. I always was so proud of how close our family was. But when my Papa died I felt us kind of drift a bit. Maybe it was all in my own head, but it felt he was the one who brought us so close. He and my Nana have been great influences in all of our lives.

We have still continued with our holiday traditions. Over the years they have been tweaked here and there, but pretty much the same. And I have still always looked forward to getting together on Thanksgiving and for Christmas. But this year I think I am more excited.

For some reason, Thanksgiving felt a little different this year. It felt warmer, like in the old days. Everyone felt more sincere, and closer. And I am so excited for our Christmas celebration. I love my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment