Sunday, December 27, 2009

The End of Another Year

Christmas is over. And a new year is about to begin. It feels crazy to me. This year has flown by so quickly, without time for a breath. It scares me a little to think we are about to be starting a brand new year. And this one will have passed, just as all the others. And then the new one will pass a little more quickly. I feel I need to hold on tight and try to slow the clock. But I have no control here. And that scares me a little more.

I am torn. I want these next couple years to rush by, so I can finally be finished with school and in my career. But I want them to be slow, so I can hold my babies longer. So I don't miss them growing.




The photos are from Christmas Eve, right before my mom brought the kids their presents from her. And Emily had gotten Trent's toothbrush. He tried to take it from her, but lost that battle. I happened to have the camera right by me to document. I want to sqeeze these moments into a box and always remember them. I want to have a million more fights, and kisses, and hugs, and playtimes, and naps, and snuggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment