Monday, January 17, 2011

Sleeping Beauties

I could watch my kids sleep for hours on end. I want to hold them and kiss their little faces. These are the moments that are held so dear. They are sweet and calm. And will let you stare into their beautiful faces for more than a few seconds.

I often ask Emily to please just let me look at her. To let me hold her on my lap and memorize her face as it is at that moment. She has allowed me to do this once. And it was for maybe about 30 seconds. I'm sure I am not the only parent that enjoys filling her mind with her children's beauty.

We are always running and busy. And our kids never stop to breath. They are constantly in movement. I think sometimes we forget to see eachother. To really look into ones soul. For now I will enjoy these little sleeping beauties.

It scares me to think that this will all be gone soon. That they will all be grown with families of their own before I even realize it. So I will cherish all these moments. And document all I can. For these moments are fleeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment