Friday, June 24, 2011

A New Beginning

Ok! I had a difficult time documenting my personal project 52. Especially when school started. So, I decided if I feel like posting I will. ha.

I am on a mission now. I have made up my mind. I am going to lose this weight. I am going to get myself healthy. I am going to have more energy. I am going to be able to dress the way I want again. Let's face it, plus size clothing is a huge slap in the face. That is unless you have a lot of money to spend. Anyways. Moving on. I will be able to seduce my husband without feeling self-conscious. I will feel comfortable in a bathing suit when we take the kids to the beach. I will not have to worry about what I look like dancing. I will reduce my risk for diabetes.

There are many many reasons i want to lose weight. But the reason that sticks out the most is that I want to enjoy my life and not have to worry about stupid things. And I want to be healthy and be a good role-model for my kids. I want them to see that exercise is important, and so is eating a healthy and balanced diet. I do not want my kids seeing me shove chocolate ice-cream in my face everyday. I want to make good choices, so they will make good choices. But it can't be about the weight. The key word is HEALTHY.

I DO NOT.. and I repeat DO NOT want my children to be weight obsessed. Too many young kids are these days--and it makes me sick. I want my kids to enjoy life. Not worry about being the thinnest 3rd grader.

So...I know how I am. I know that I will give into my temptations. I will eat that ice-cream and then feel guilty. I will not succeed without someone to back me. And sure, I could ask Justin to be my wingman on this. But lets face it. The minute he steps up and says "Jennifer, you shouldn't be eating that." I am going to flip out inside and immediately resent him. My brain will tell me he thinks I am disgusting. And that's no good for anyone. So, internet friends, you will be my shoulders.

I am not asking anyone to tell me that I did bad, or even good. I just know that if I will be held accountable (somewhat) then I am more likely to follow through.

So...I will be journaling what I eat daily. I will also be journaling my activities. And yes, I will also be documenting my weight. Either weekly or biweekly.

I know this is going to be hard. I am even going to take a picture of myself. Which I regret to inform you will probably not go up on this blog until later. But hey--maybe I will get brave and post it. ha.

Enough of this. I better go to bed. We are taking the kids swimming tomorrow. I am hoping to get some sun. And some pool exercise. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment