Monday, June 28, 2010

Life-Altering decisions

SCARE me!! It freaks me out knowing that my decisions affect other people that are the most important to me. I don't want to screw anything up and make their lives anything less than awesome.
So far Justin and I have done a pretty good job of keeping out heads above water, especially in our short time of gaining three little lives to look after. Of course we want much beeter for our children (and for ourselves), so decisions must be made. And these things are not easily come by. I scares me to think I might make the wrong choice, and then our future will be much less than awesome.

I have never been a good decision maker anyways. Especially with BIg ones--like the decision I am faced with now--What to major in--What will my career be?

Well, as I have mentioned before on here-Our main goal and dream is to open a photography studio. And we will of course continue to work toward that goal, but in the meantime we have a family to worry about. We have bills to pay and children to clothe and feed. So when I say career choices-I am thinkning in the back of my head "fall-back career".

I thought I knew what I wanted to do--teach. But with the economy so strung out and schools losing more and more funding, and jobs getting harder to come by--I am really starting to rethink my decision. Luckily I only have a year of schooling behind me. Soo...here i am thinking that possibly I could go to school to be an RN.
Yes--A nurse. When I was little I wanted to be a doctor (among other things which also included teacher) so maybe this isn't completely pulled out of the air?

I really shouldn't care where I pulled it from I guess. I just want somethign that I will enjoy and still have time to spend with my children. And I want something that will provide a good income for my family. And that I will more easily find a job.

I think I have it all figured out, but it still makes me wonder. My sister just finished school to be an RN-and she will ehlp me a lot. So, I think this is it. And I feel good about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment