Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Life - in General

Ok. I have always been a firm believer in "Everything happens for a reason." Of course I rarely know what that reason may be. But I am starting to wonder if it was possibly a good thing for Justin to get laid off. Now, I may seem a little crazy and maybe I am reaching, but him losing his job has really pushed us to get things going-that have been taking a backseat.

It motivated me to push my art and other creations. It gave us both that push to really get the ball going and get into school to start our degrees for teaching. And it has given me the opportunity to work full time on hair and push myself to try to build my clientele. I feel like even though Justin not having a job, and not knowing how we will pay our bills, is a very stressful thing. Some good has come of it. And even though I had a whole plan as to how I would finish school first and then he would, God has his own plans for us. Apparently that does not involve me staying home with the kids anymore-Justin is now a stay-at-home-dad.

While it did sadden me at first that I didn't get to be with my babies as much, this has given me a new sense of self. And I can see justin sees things differently than he did too. Just remember-your whole life can be turned upside down and sideways in a matter of minutes. We just have to roll with it. And try to keep a smile in our hearts. I can honestly say that I am very happy right now. I still get stressed and I would love to have that steady paycheck coming in, but maybe this is for that better.

1 comment:

  1. it's awesome for that dad to get that experience. hang in there!

    ReplyDelete